A couple of weeks ago, I received a $600 bill in the mail for the bloodwork I had done on me at my doctor's office. After many phone calls back and forth between my insurance company and doctors office to try to settle the matter, I was informed that a pre-authorization form was not submitted before the bloodwork was done; therefore, a retro-authorization form would need to be submitted. After 2 weeks and a promise that this matter would be resolved, the office manager failed to submit the form even up to the day before the amount was due!! I was so upset! So I called the office one last time to find out what the delay was, and was told that they were just very busy.
I'm a very non-confrontational person... it takes a lot to make me upset and it takes a lot more for me to call someone out on their mistake. But I had to do it in this case. The office manager rudely snapped at me and basically told me to "bring it on". After this, she continued raising her voice to a point where it sounded like she was yelling at me... I immediately cut her off and reported her to my nurse midwife (whom I love having as my nurse practitioner). A few minutes later, we found out from the lab agency that the office manager had just called them to request that they transfer the entire balance to their account. So even though we are no longer being charged, they still didn't resolve the matter correctly.
So, sadly I will no longer be visiting this doctors office anymore. I really loved the physician and nurse midwife, but no longer feel comfortable going there or dealing with their billing and office staff. The hubby and I feel that it's just better if we find someone else. I've been told of a few other excellent OB/Gyn's in this area, but will have to find out for myself to see who is best to help us bring this baby into this world. Meanwhile.... we are due for another sono!!! This will be the one to determine if we will need to buy pink or blue booties!! We are so anxious!
On another note, all I want these days is dill pickles or cucumber with lemon and salt!!! If I could snack on this everyday, with no worry of sodium intake, I would. :) But I know better than to do that. I've actually been eating pretty well since we found out we're pregnant -- lots of fruits, water, and orange juice here. Of course, I still can't resist a breakfast taco (especially the ones my mom makes)!
Speaking of food... off to the kitchen to snack on something yummy!!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
so, if you still want my 2 cents... look into heather daley. i've also heard great things about jacob hohenstein and dr. biddle. (bittle, sp??) either way, i loved jim garza, he's the only one on this list that i have seen personally. the only reason i switched was because the office didn't bother to tell me that they allowed their privileges to expire at my hospital of choice. i will tell you that the nurses at garza's office weren't a contributing factor to me staying with him until i was 34 weeks pregnant. give me a call, and i'll do my best to get whatever info you need.
Thank you Virg! You're always so helpful with this stuff. I will definitely look into Jim Garza and the others. I hope at least one of them has privileges at WH@R.
Post a Comment