I guess it's true what they say about pregnancy... when you least expect it is when it happens. That's how it began for us. A few months of actively trying (charting my basal body temperatures, paying attention to my cycle, etc.) and we finally just decided enough is enough... no more planning... no more stressing about it. And there it was on the digital stick... the word we had been waiting for... "Pregnant". The elation set in.
As much as we tried to wait to share the news, we couldn't!! We began sharing the news (as early as we found out) with mostly family and a few close friends. We've continuously asked everyone for prayers for this journey that we were about to begin -- and I strongly believe in the power of prayer.
First three months of this pregnancy have been tough. I'm feeling everything I didn't feel when I was pregnant with my son, along with the nausea and vomiting. Waking up at 2am, 4am, and 6am to eat a meal, (not just a small snack... it had to be a full meal), ravaging hunger every 30 minutes to an hour all day, constant exhuastion, and already at 2 months, yes at 2 months, a baby belly to show for it. I couldn't even keep it a secret if I wanted to!! But still, we feel blessed, even in my discomfort and emotional roller-coaster, fortunate to be going through this.
I've already begun to feel the baby's movements throughout everyday. At first, I thought 'this can't be the baby, it's so early'. But after reading up on this, I've learned that veteran mommies will usually recognize the baby's movements much sooner after the first pregnancy. This baby is so active! Even the ultrasound tech begged baby to stop moving at my last visit. :)
So here is the little one at 13 weeks...
Thank you Lord for this amazing blessing!
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)


0 comments :
Post a Comment