A friend of mine asked me the other day how the little one felt about this baby coming along. I knew my son had already expressed to me his excitement about this baby, but maybe he was just following the suit of everyone around him. So I asked him again, and this is what he said....
"I'm getting sad about this baby because I feel that you're going to love the baby more than me and you're going to forget about me... "
and after a long pause (with me in shock and guilt that I hadn't asked this sooner), he continued...
"ehhhhh, I'm just kidding Mom!" followed by mischievous laughter. "I'm very excited about this baby."
And then the charming little smile that melts my heart. :)
I'm relieved that he has this sense of humor, but I have to admit that I felt so bad when he responded. I'm also very grateful that he is looking forward to having a little sister or brother. We'll find out soon! I know I've said that before, but with my new busy schedule, it's taking a little longer than I'd like. But we'll get there.
Some updates on how I'm feeling this week... very sleepy and exhausted (I thought this would end after the first trimester), still a little morning nausea if I don't eat as soon as I wake up, and lately I've been feeling like my belly is going to explode, as though this baby is too big for me!! I'm having to wear the hub's pajamas to bed because I don't fit into any of mine anymore, not comfortably anyway. This pregnancy is so different from my first pregnancy... could it possibly be a girl???? ;)
Or another adorable little boy...
Win-win situation for me! :)
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment