Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day 2010

Not a whole lot going on this Father's Day weekend... but somehow, I still feel like our weekend went by way too fast. Toy Story 3 got us off to a great start on our weekend! The hubby, son and I had been looking forward to the movie, the Pixar nerds that we are. It was a perfect family moment and we are anxious for it to come out on dvd.

Caleb and I joined my mother at the Highland Memorial Park to put flowers on my late grandfather's headstone this Saturday. It's always an emotional visit there, which may seem quite unusual considering I never got to meet my late grandfather --- he passed away when my mother was only 7 years old. I've always felt a very deep connection to him, nonetheless, and the idea of my mom growing up without him always gets me. But it felt great to see my mom there with him on Father's Day weekend. :)



We spent Father's Day mostly together as a family and just relaxed.  Carlos really loved his gift that Caleb and I put together (thank you to my friend Zirrah who informed me about KodakGallery's photo books)... he kept browsing through it all day. Looking back, I realize how amazing it is that Carlos has been the man in our lives for so many years now... and he is awesome!!  So many moments to look back on -- so many loving memories and now we have this to cherish...


And my Dad is as simple as dads get.... all he wanted was a gift card from Game Stop so he can carry on his military duty of war activity through the animation provided by the makers of Xbox games. As I've mentioned before, I am truly blessed to have him as my dad.... even though he manages to fall asleep in the middle of every holiday.  :)  Love you, Dad!



...it never fails!

0 comments :