Party Time
This past Sunday I turned the big 30 much to my dismay. The only bright side was the "surprise party" my wife threw for me the day before on Saturday with many of my family and friends in attendance. I put surprise in quotations because my wife and son totally let the cat out of the bag, or was it I that pulled the cat out of the bag regarding the surprise. In any case it was a great little party with exception of my wife, mother, sister and others insisting on having happy birthday sung to me while stood over my cake like a big dork. I know they mean well and all but seriously no more singing the happy birthday song to me unless its done by Marylin Monroe or my wife dressed up and singing like she did to JFK. In any case I had a great time and my only wish was that the party had been at our new home, which we wont have until this weekend. Which leads me to another point in that I am slightly disappointed in myself that I did not have my own home before I turned 30. Maybe its not a big deal, but its slightly disappointing none the less. Other things that were not accomplished by me before 30 were having a baby(but then again we are newly weds still and we have Caleb), not having a G35 or G37, not being able to dunk a ball, but that was never realistic to begin with due to my puny calfs. But there are a few things that I did get to do before hitting 30, marrying the girl of my dreams, going to Europe twice and starting a little business(my dump truck). I suppose there will need to be new goals for my next milestone which I see as 40, let me think about what those could be.



0 comments :
Post a Comment