Monday, October 20, 2008

Our Blessed Wedding Day! (long post)

For months now, Carlos and I had been meticulously planning detail after detail for our special wedding day. We've been through so many stressful moments in which frustration often led to anxiety and much worry... Will we make it financially? Will it rain on our wedding day? Will our guests be happy and have a great time? Will things go wrong? We knew getting married would make us both happy, so that was not a concern at all.

Our entire day was perfect! First, the weather was amazing! It was a breezy sunny morning, that led to a warm sunny day and eventually ended in a very cool fall night by the lake. We started our union in a very intimate Catholic ceremony that I am proud to say was blessed by God -- there were so many guests at our ceremony which really surprised us, but at the same time meant so much to us.

Our first kiss as husband and wife:
During our down-time between the ceremony and reception, our photographers met up with our entire bridal party for some on-location pictures at different venues. We had a great time fooling around with our poses for the photo shoot.



Our reception was gorgeous and perfect too! We were so fortunate to have such wonderful weather and a beautiful sunset. If you haven't already figured it out by now, I am one with nature -- I always appreciate God's gifts. So when I arrived at Rancho El Charco, I was almost speechless (cause nothing can shut me up) with how beautiful it all looked together! Carlos and I both agree that it completely surpassed our expectations.


The bride:

The gorgeous groom:

This is the view our guests were greeted with at the Gran Palapa:

And the view for the early part of the evening (just spectacular):

We were driven in on this 1937 Rolls Royce! Super cool ride:

The Paparazzi (ha ha) awaited us at the entrance of the Gran Palapa!!

Our first little family picture:

My bridesmaids (and the beautiful view of the lake):


During our reception (and all the traditional moments our photographers tried to capture) we were honored with speeches from our entire wedding party. They all brought tears to Carlos's eyes and huge smiles out of both of us in just what they said. We are so lucky to have such wonderful and loving friends.

Cutting our cake:

Father-Daughter dance (Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion... my Dad loves that song):

I love you Dad!

Dad hands me off to my husband:

And we dance to Elvis's Can't Help Falling In Love:

Time for the garter toss...

Ready, guys?! One.... Two....

Three! (Oh no!!!) Carlos got everyone wet with Johnny Walker Black and ice!

And now, it's time to carry and undress the groom!

Best Man speech (you are so sweet Gil!)

Maid of Honor speech (we love you Amy!)


As per the rules of the dollar dance, I get to wear the pants in our marriage! ha ha


It's time to party 80's-era style!


Bust out the 80's party favors (thank you Dawn!!)




Our many guests had a great time... we were told that our wedding was so unique and different and something they would never forget. A lot of our guests had never been driven in to a reception on a horse carriage ride and also had never seen fireworks above a lake at a wedding reception. We were so glad to know everyone had so much fun. We were also very happy that our guests danced the night away as we had wanted. Thank you everyone for making this the best day of our lives together! We will never forget our blessed wedding day!


Like I said, we are very lucky to have so many loving friends and family members in our lives. We are even more fortunate that we met each other at the right place at the right time. It's unbelievable how fate puts you in a place or situation at the one moment where chance leads to your future.

Soon I will post a slideshow of pictures of our family and friends at the wedding. For now, we pack, plan, and prepare for our honeymoon trip to Rome. I can't wait!

0 comments :