Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dirt Cake!

For my 11th birthday, my brother's friend brought me a pot of flowers (I'll never forget that!) I looked at it in bewilderment, because I couldn't figure out why a high school girl would give an 11-year old girl potted flowers for her birthday! She calmly told me, "Eat it". I replied with a snarky "why would I eat it?"


After this she explained to me what it was. I was so surprised and HAPPY! It looked like a real pot of flowers! Of course I ate it and LOVED it! I thought it would be nice to share the recipe. It's so simple to make and you'd be surprised at the reactions you'll get. Everyone loves this dirt cake and you'll see why once you try it!

The cutest thing about it is that you get to fancy it up anyway you want! A few years ago, I took 2 dirt cakes as table arrangements for a baby shower. They were a big hit! The mommy-to-be loved it so much. Everyone asked me for the recipe!



INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
3 1/2 cups milk
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
32 ounces chocolate sandwich cookies with creme filling

DIRECTIONS
Chop cookies very fine in food processor [OR I use ziplock bags. I stuff about half of the package of cookies in the bag and bang away at it with a rolling pin. I just can't stand the clean-up process after all the cookies are stuck in the blender.] (The white cream will disappear. )
Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in bowl.
In a large bowl mix milk, pudding and whipped topping together.
Combine pudding mixture and cream mixture together.
Layer in flower pot, starting with cookies then cream mixture. Repeat layers.
Chill until ready to serve.
Add artificial flower and trowel. Enjoy!

1 comments :

Kelli said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my Sassy Bows blog! Love looking at your blog!