Enough time has gone by right now that has allowed me to continue typing. No baby cry, no "Mom, can you get me a snack", no beckon call from the hubby. Alas, here I am in front of my laptop again ready to update you on the boys.
Naturally, lots has happened since the last post. We took our wonderful trip with our friends (aka family) to Jonestown, Texas and it was every bit as amazing as we were hoping! At first, I was kinda bummed that we were leaving not only our older son, but especially our baby who was only what 4 months at the time and still nursing. Mommy did a good job preparing for that trip and fortunately, baby was perfectly ok without us for the weekend. It was a much-needed getaway spent with our closest friends who we consider family.
Caleb has begun basketball season again, and by the looks of the first game, we'll probably dominate this season. Oh listen to me, I sound so pompous! But seriously, our boys are just good. They have much to improve on, but I'm so proud to say they have their foundation of basic skills down and an awesome knowledgeable coach to lead them to success and talent! 2 leagues again this year, hopefully Caleb will advance his skills to the next level. He is an awesome 9 year old, such a wonderful little guy! We just love seeing him bond with his little brother. He seriously is the best big brother! I'm so proud of this little guy. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to act like things are perfect... he is 9... he is stubborn... he has such a strong personality and is so sure of himself. I know this is a good thing, but sometimes it works to hubby's and my disadvantage. It's tough being the parent of a very outspoken kiddo. There's no convincing him sometimes.
And then there's the other one. Diego. Oh my gosh!!! What a personality this kid is going to have! The hubby and I are two pretty nice/kind people. We don't like to bother others, don't like to upset people, like to please those around us usually. So how did we make this little feisty human being?! LOL He is only 7 months old and he is soooooo demanding! Of course, we are crazy parents, we wouldn't have him any other way... but it's just so funny how he is. Here's a little description of his personality --- He growls at you if you don't give him what he wants... yes you read that right, he growls. He is a SIREN! I know nothing could ever happen to this child without our knowledge because he will scream at the top of his lungs to make sure we are aware! He kicks and flails his arms around when he wants something... hmmm, all those "Jolts in my Belly" came from this little guy, go figure. But like I said, we wouldn't have him any other way. He certainly has taught us a whole new level of patience.
Combine Caleb & Diego and you get a fun pair of wonderful children. I fear that they will physically conquer their 2 petite parents someday in the future, but hubby and I will have to stick together to make sure these boys grow up the way we will always try to raise them, to have respect for others, to put others first, and to always be kind... and to love Legos, Harry Potter, and Star Wars. Ha ha ha!!
On another note, next week I begin my career... I am so thrilled and honored to be able to join our hospital's NICU department and work with some of the best staff we have at our facility. I look forward to this new venture... talk about good beginnings to a new year! I know that working in our hospital's technology department, I have been in the background scene of helping people... helping employees help patients. But I'm glad I'll now get a more direct approach to what I've always wanted to do, help people. And one of the best parts is that I'll be around babies all day! I am so excited!
More news coming in the near future. :)
0 comments :
Post a Comment