For Carlos's 29th birthday, our good friends Carlos and Virginia gifted him a book titled AmBushed! More Tales of Government Stupidity. In this book, the author cites former President Bush's stupid quotes including words like "insticate" (a combination of instigate and indicate). Just recently, Carlos has been in the habit of adding "icate" to the end of most verbs. For example, if he decides he wants to water the front yard, he'll let me know he's going outside to "watificate" the lawn. Or if he if he wants to know what's for dinner, he'll ask me what I plan to "cookificate". He's asked me a couple of times to help him break the habit, but I just can't! This is too adorable!! I think it's hilarious, not only how it sounds, but that it's a bad habit that he's trying to break.
He's also been repeating himself (like Johnny Two-Times from Goodfellas) to others! He attributes this to Caleb not listening on the first time he's told to do something. I don't know how he's going to break this habit either. :) But I'm not worried at all -- eventually, Caleb will have him doing some new bad habit.
You have to love kids for the things they make you do and say!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
0 comments :
Post a Comment