
Today is my grandparents 56th anniversary! Though my late grandfather is no longer with us, we still celebrated with my grandmother what would've been their anniversary today. My grandfather passed away when my mom was seven years old. Unfortunately, all we have are pictures of him and the few memories my grandma and mom remember. But I know that as much as he loved my grandmother, he is always with her. I remember asking her a few years back why she never remarried after his death to which she replied, "Why would I remarry? He was my only true love." That brought us both to tears. I am so grateful for what she's shown me in life -- she, along with my parents of course, has taught me how to truly love someone. So today's blog is in memory of my late grandfather, whom I feel so close to though I never met him, and in honor of my grandmother who has been the foundation in my life and the lives of all my family members. We love you Wela! Happy 56th Anniversary!


0 comments :
Post a Comment