Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Cuddle Club!

I work at a hospital IT department and have been sooo happy since I started working there almost two months ago. Just a couple of days ago, our Women's Hospital staff presented an opportunity to all staff to be part of an organization called the Cuddle Club. As members of this organization, hospital staff members have the chance to simply love on the babies of the Neonatal Intesive Care Unit (NICU)on our spare time such as lunch, or breaks, or even after-hours. I am sooooo ecstatic about this! We are scheduled to start next week, I believe. I'm extremely thrilled about this opportunity! Ever since I started working at the hospital, my days have been even better than before. Now with this new opportunity, it's even better. I realize that I will have to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for the bad situations that may lie ahead involving babies that are too critical to help. But I am thrilled that some will get better because of my touch, my love, my sincere concern. All my co-workers can vouch for how excited I was to receive this offer. As a matter of fact, when we were emailed about the Cuddle Club, they all brought it to my attention. Some of them have seen how, when I pass by the Nursery, I get alllll ga-ga (is that a word?) over the newbies. What a great chance to show children some love. Carlos should be happy as well... since I've been complaining about how I wish we'd get married sooner so we can already start having babies!!! Now, my 'I want to have a baby' fix will be fulfilled on a daily basis. :) As Carlos says, "And all is right with the world."

0 comments :