I'm still trying to figure out how my son became such the hopeless romantic. Just the other day, I asked him if he likes any of the little girls in his school... he scoffed as he replied, "Mom, the only girl I like is Andrea. The only girl I'll ever like is Andrea." This is the same little girl he has had a crush on since he first laid his eyes on her over two years ago! He doesn't even go to that school anymore and she is three years older than he. And still, he loves.
Just to be on the safe side, I asked him what he would feel about her if she became a bad person who did drugs and said bad words... "Then I would just move on and forget about her." Whew!!! Just making sure ;) I still find it overwhelming at times to know that my little boy is growing up so quickly and feeling emotions I wasn't expecting him to feel at such a young age. Every now and then, Carlos reminds me that our little Caleb is growing up -- a bitter sweet part of life I know has to happen.
I only wonder how long this crush will last....
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
2 comments :
Yay for Caleb stories! :) At least we know for sure he's going to be a gentleman when he grows up. :)
Let's hope he is a gentleman when he grows up. Lord knows we're trying our best to make him understand that women are to be respected. :)
Post a Comment