Thursday, June 25, 2009

Complete Excitement, Complete Sadness

It's been almost 2 weeks since my darling husband has been in Delaware for his job. Though Caleb is constantly making me laugh (with his cute little jokes/questions/comments*) and sweat (when we are outside playing volleyball or when I'm sitting watching him in the pool), things are too quiet here in our house. Our evenings are a little different these days, with iCarly playing on the big screen tv in the living room, rather than ESPN.

Though we were graced with the company of my dear friend Julissa and her precious little Juliette last night for a delicious dinner (tilapia puttanesca), our night wound down in silence yet again. It's just not the same when he's not here... but alas, this time is sure to end with my honey coming home tomorrow from Delaware! We are completely excited that Carlos is finally going to be back after 2 long long weeks!

On a sadder note, I am so shocked that Michael Jackson has passed away (and Farrah Fawcett). Some of my fondest memories are of watching MJ videos on MTV (back when they showed videos), and singing my heart out to his tunes. He is such a legendary icon and it's so hard to imagine that he has died. He will always live in our hearts and I will never forget what his music means to me. We love you Michael Jackson!

*Yesterday, my back was in such pain from sleeping incorrectly the night before. I asked Caleb if he would walk on my back when we got home, to which he replied, "No Mom, I might make you constipated." After I asked him what he meant (and after he noticed the puzzled look on my face) he realized that he said the wrong word. "I mean, I might make you socialized," of course, this he said less confidently than the first word because he still wasn't sure if he got it right. After I asked him, "paralyzed, you mean?" he shouted "Yes! I might make you paralyzed!"

We were both relieved I figured out what he was trying to say. I love moments like this. So cute! And no he didn't walk on my back after all... looks like Daddy's massages are going to come in handy when he returns. ;)

0 comments :