That's what Chris Martin sang to us last night at the concert. So here it is Coldplay: We Love You! We scored probably the worst seats on the floor, but we still had such a great time! Besides, everything happens for a reason. We were seated in the last row on the floor, so basically if you're as short as Carlos and I, you will need to see the band on the large projection screens above. Which is what we did for almost the entire concert! Our necks were hurting for a while, but it was all worth it just being there hearing their music live. And what made it even more worth it all was when the band ran toward us all the way to the back, passed right in front of us, and then ran up the stairs to perform a couple of songs ["Scientist" and "Death Will Never Conquer" ...love that song!] right in front of us! They are so awesome!! I've never seen a band do this before, but at both Coldplay concerts I've been to, Chris Martin ran to the back to sing to the audience least fortunate in the arena. The concert ended with "Death and All His Friends" with the crowd chanting along, "No I don't want to battle from beginning to end. I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge. I don't want to follow death and all of his friends." [How apropos in our times]. But Coldplay never finishes there... they came back for an encore performance of one of their all-time bests "Yellow". And down came the colorful paper butterflies! It was beautiful! A perfect and classic Coldplay Exit!
They opened with "Violet Hill" (Sings Chris Martin, "If you're from Texas, won't you let me know")




There goes Chris Martin on his way up to sing to the back audience:




Look at the colorful butterflies!

0 comments :
Post a Comment